Pages

Wednesday 18 December 2019

Day 2, Activity 2, Week 1 (SLJ) One Small Step for the Man


 
This is the poem I wrote originally describing how I felt when I first set foot on the moon, if I was Neil Armstrong.


First step on the moon, assuming it’s the afternoon, I feel like I’m on cement without peppermint. Doesn't feel nice looks like a big mice or a big giant rocky rock, feels like a stonepile, broken bricks, unshaped, terraformed in black and grey style, colourless like the 50s television. the stars and the earth are in my view of vision. Float like a butterfly is what I'm doing, I’m a bee orbiting the flower. 

Poet,Litia



1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Litia,

    Happy New Year! I am so excited to be back to comment on your amazing blog posts. I hope you have enjoyed your holidays thus far and hope you have spent heaps and heaps of time with your loved ones :)

    I really enjoyed reading your poem about your first time setting foot on the moon. I am super impressed with the way that you have rhymed some words in your poem and used some descriptive words that did a really great job of painting a mental picture for my imagination! My favourite line is ‘colourless like the 50’s television’. Do you like writing poems? I think you are really awesome at it and with practice you could be an expert at it!

    Keep up the mahi Litia! Look forward to seeing more of your spectacular blog posts!

    Ngā mihi,
    Mani

    ReplyDelete